Thursday, April 18, 2013

DIY Baux Burlap Banner | Photo Prop

Hey O! 
So in an attempt to take some interesting missionary pictures, I decided to throw together this little flag prop!

First I went and got some burlap looking fabric, I would have gotten real burlap but it was 10 bucks a yard where as this stuff was only 2 dollars a yard

Then I made a pattern with some card stock, 6 inches across the top, 7 inches down. 



I  only needed to cut out 4 triangles 


Then I printed out the word "PERU" in big letters 1 1/2 inches wide and 2 inches tall

Next I cut out the letters with an x-acto knife


Then I used the letters as a stencil

using a sponge brush and some acrylic paint to sponge the letter onto the fabric


Hold the stencil as still as possible, then peel the paper off


And you will be left with a perfect letter!


Then I cut a yards worth of this lace stuff and hot glued it to the fabric triangles


This is the finished product! 
I love how it turned out and can't wait to see how it turns out in pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment